What makes you yearn for something BIG?
Maybe it’s a new career or your own home. Perhaps you badly want to make peace with a family member, or to quit smoking cigarettes. Do you want to create a body that is strong, healthy and lean? Do you want to stop numbing negative emotions with food? Maybe you want to create a simpler lifestyle for yourself.
What makes you REALLY want to make a change? What is the moment at which you decide to stop overspending and save some money for a home? What would it take to deal with your anxiety in a healthier way than smoking cigarettes? What are you willing to sacrifice to get a healthy body?
You must want it badly, and you must have a very good reason why. A reason that resonates with your soul.
I love the topic of desire.
I’m pretty intense and I am often in touch with what my soul desires. The length of time I’m deeply connected to what I want waxes and wanes, though. Sometimes I’m working toward something I want for weeks. Sometimes I work to fuel the desire daily. My desire to do what it takes to get what I want has been low recently. I’ve been exploring new ways to fan the desire fire; to get the flames higher on a regular basis. I am boosting my creativity/creation. I am moving away from number-oriented goals and moving toward feelings and emotions that make my soul feel good.
Desire is essential to success. If you have the desire to [fill in the blank], then you will be more likely to achieve it.
Desire is power. When you recognize and own your desires, you have the power to re-direct your mind to achieve your goal. Align your thoughts, actions and words with your power. Magic happens.
Fuel your desire with these ideas:
- Replace the negative things and people in your environment with positive ones.
- Get creative. Use your hands. Dance. Sing. Spend some time every day marrying the mind and body.
- Fill your life with empowering information and people.
- Recognize things you can put in your daily ritual that move you toward what you want. A daily walk. Meditation. Reading a certain quote, mantra, or passage in a book.
- Create a vision board. This is my favorite way to shake up my desires.
- Figure out WHY. You must understand and connect with why you want to achieve something, or you will feel unfulfilled.
- Take immediate action. Throw the cigarette carton away now. Go out and buy a pair of pants that you will fit into in 4 weeks. Put $20 in an envelope for that special BIG thing you’re saving for.